|VISAS FOR MACAO SAR|
Visa for Macao SAR of China
1. Citizens of the Philippines, U.S., Canada, Portugal, and some other
countries enjoy visa-free entry into Macao for tourism purpose. Please
Visit the Macao Public Security Police Force Website
http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html for details.
2. Holders of ordinary passports and some holders of service passports of Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Vietnam must apply for a Macao visa at Chinese diplomatic or consular missions abroad or the Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong before entering Macao.
3. Citizens of countries other than those mentioned in the above clauses may apply for an "Entry Permit" (aka "Visa-upon-arrival") at any of the border checkpoints of the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police upon arrival at Macao.
4. Application Guidelines
1) Documents Required
a) Passport – Original passport that is valid for at least another 6 months with at least one blank visa page, a photocopy of the passport's information/photo page and emergency contact page.
b) Visa Application Form – You must submit truthfully completed and signed Macao Visa Application Form. Do not leave any field blank. Write N/A if the question does not apply to you.
c) Photo – Affix one color photo on the Application Form. The photo should be recent, front view, white background, in 48mm x 33mm size without head covering. Glue the photo to the appropriate field. Stapled/taped/clipped/detached photos will not be accepted.
d) Documents supporting your purpose of visit.
2) How to Apply
An applicant may submit his or her visa application in person or entrust someone (immediate family member/household staff/co-worker) or a travel agency to submit on his or her behalf.
Mailed and faxed applications/documents will not be accepted.
You may be required to go to the Chinese Embassy for an interview if the visa officer deems it necessary.
3. Visa Fee (Unit: Peso) and Processing Time
Pay visa fees when collecting passport.
Only cash payment is accepted now.
* An additional 900 pesos of liaison fee should be paid upon submission for an application that needs to be referred to the Immigration Department of the Government of the Macao SAR for processing. Such an application normally takes about 10 business days and is not eligible for express or rush service.